Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Sketchbook

     For this week's assignment, we were supposed to experiment with already taken photos by adding captions and layers in order to create/add meaning.

 In this photo, I was trying to convey a humorous tone in light of the dark effects.
 Originally, this photo was an experiment with depth, so I thought 'endless' was an appropriate word an order to express the theme of depth.
 This photo had an overarching melancholic mood, so I decided to use words that related to melancholy.
 While practicing Richard Avedon's style of photography, I tried to capture real emotions from my subjects, and I thought "I love you" was a an appropriate phrase for this particular facial expression.
 One of my favorite Clint Eastwood quotes of all time from his movie, Dirty Harry. This as shot from one of my 3 story panel stories.
 From my microworlds photoshoot, I just thought that this would be a funny caption for this David vs. Goliath match up.
 Again,from the microworlds experiment, I thought this would be a funny caption for this man v. frog match up.
 From my 3 panel story photoshoot, the evils of littering are highlighted by the fiery background and the word, 'litterbug'.
 This photo highlights my love for the San Francisco Giants, and 'loyalty' seemed to me as the appropriate word.
One of my favorite quotes of all-time, I mixed it with my love for rubik's cubes in order to relate the two of them.

8 comments:

  1. i like the "endless" picture. It goes very well with depth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed the last photo. The quote complimented the picture nicely. I also think that filter that you used was not too distracting from the image, but still was able to completely change the mood of the photo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. these pictures all seem like a series already! i like your specific style and that you used the same font for all of them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how in a lot of your photo graphs are very simplistic, in that it doesn't take away a lot from the photo itself. Great pics!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The rubic's cube photo really stands out to me. The burnt edges and mix of cold colors lends a seriousness to your photo and directs the eye's attention to the cube without being over-abrasive.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did a great job with this assignment Kyle! I really like how you focused on captions and anecdotes and you have a mix of personal descriptions as well as simple worlds expressing your interpretation. I really like the last image in this series, because it clearly shows something that you have thought about and you enjoy doing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Goog series. i really liked your second photo.i also think that your caption really fitted the image.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice photos. I really like all of the quotes you chose for your photographs. It has a wide variety of both comedic and series quotes. I especially like your second photograph. The photograph is beautiful and I like the way you sized your letters, so that they increasingly became smaller as the letters became closer.

    ReplyDelete