Thursday, December 6, 2012

Series Draft 2







For my second draft of imitating Josef Sudek, I was very eager to take shots involving water something Sudek enjoyed doing, as well as exploring depth in building scape shots. Sudek was well known for taking pictures of the buildings and streets in the city of Prague, and he especially loved taking pictures with the sun out. The weather for the past two weeks was very cloudy and rainy, so I was able to get the pictures of water I was looking for but I was unable to get a lot of photos that had the sun's light. For the pictures that tried to convey depth especially the buildings and the  plants on the wall , I tried to get an angle that was not perfectly perpendicular in order exemplify leading lines. Sudek liked to take pictures of water in glasses, but I did not have any glasses to use, so I just went with photographing water on the window hoping to recreate the same melancholic mood that was in his pictures.

9 comments:

  1. You did a great job using Josef Sudek's style of photography. I especially like your fifth photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These photos definitely have a melancholic mood. The lighting, along with the black and white contrast, gives a nice rainy-day feel. I especially like the photo of the tree set against a cloudy sky. This photo has a lot of depth and you should continue looking for this type of balance.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the water droplet pictures is very well out together. i also think your use of the sun and lighting was done very well and in a similar manner to your artist. I also think you did a good job conveying depth in all of your pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. great job. you really did a good job with creating a story behind each image and in certain images played with the focus. I especially like the image of the vines going up the wall in the last picture.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great series. i especially like your third photo. i think the way you captured the amazing bringhtness of the sky but made it not blinding and blurred is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. the one with the branches look really cool. excellent photos.

    ReplyDelete
  7. really great stuff kyle. i like the sepia tone you have in the photo of the sky as well as the last 3 black and white ones of the branches and buildings

    ReplyDelete
  8. After reviewing Josef Sudek work, I think you do a great job in this draft incorporating his techniques of using depth when capturing cityscapes. I really like your focus on rain and lighting capturing images from a foreground background perspective blurring the surrounding environment. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice work Kyle. I really appreciate coloring of your photos. It gives your photos a very vintage like feeling and the contrast of the dark and light colors are great. I especially like your second photo because I really admire the detail and depth that you captured through your photo.

    ReplyDelete